Wednesday, May 19, 2010

No PB&Js for Julian

Due to popular demand (based on the poll to the right), stories about the kids are being requested. The latest update is that Julian is allergic to nuts. It was confirmed yesterday by an allergist (we are obviously going to every doctor we can think of before we leave the country).

Great things in life he'll be missing out on:

...PB&Js

...Ritz PB crackers

...Pistachio Ice Cream (one of my faves)

...Melvin's PB & Vanilla Ice Cream concoction (some of you know what I'm talking about, so gross)

...Aimee's cookies & brownies with walnuts

...95% of a Thai restaurant menu

...Kare Kare

...and other things I can't think of right now!

I am happy it's not milk or eggs or the dreaded Celiac's Disease that many children battle. It's just that some of the things on the list above are so darn good.

www.foodallergy.org - Did you know that the FDA exempts highly refined peanut oil from being labeled as an allergen? Thank goodness because that's what almost all eateries fry their french fries in!!


2 comments:

  1. i'd like to see posts about Melvin learning to love hockey over baseball...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I finally had a chance to sit down and read through this entire blog ;-) I totally love it and will be incorporating it into my daily rotation of checking email, meetup, and facebook! I love how you have written everything and how I feel as though you are sitting next to me as I read through it. See u in an hour :) XoXo

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts