Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Where's the table, mommy?

The movers are taking it to Canada, sweetie.

This picture was taken this morning. My cousin took our patio table for her new house, so we had one day with no table. Julian noticed pretty quickly. He is a creature of habit though because he plopped himself down right where the table was. That was when I found myself feeding my son yogurt in a tin tray on the floor...LOL

It is now the night prior to our flight. We have seven check-in items (OnePass Gold Status saves us again!) and three carry-ons. It amazes me to think about how many of our parents came to this country with absolutely nothing and practically no money. I always think about that during our tough times the past few weeks, which isn't even tough if you think about how we had 3 men pack up our house and how my husband's company paid for the move. I'm definitely more excited than nervous or sad right now...I think it'll hit me later though.

We got an update today that we will probably clear our stuff through customs Friday or Monday and then our goods will be delivered within 24-48 hours. That means, one more week of living on the floor. Stay tuned as I won't have internet until after that!!

1 comment:

  1. We've been thinking about you guys all morning. We woke up at 7 on the dot and I told Nadine that Julian is up in the airplane ! I hope that your flight is WONDERFUL and that you enjoy your new life as Americans in Canada :) Can't wait to hear and read all of your fun adventures.
    XOXOXOXOXOXOXO ~ Missing you in NY already.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts