Thursday, July 22, 2010

Grouse Grind


Melvin is conquering the Grouse Grind right now as I'm blogging about it, after putting the kids down and on my 3rd load of laundry for the day (how nice).  What is the Grouse Grind you ask?  Well, it's basically a hike up Grouse Mountain (yes, the same one you saw in the 2010 Winter Olympics) and locals call it "nature's stairmaster."  The mountain is located 15 minutes from downtown Vancouver and is a great place for winter and summer activities, featuring a gondola with spectacular views. A quick getaway from the city if too lazy to drive all the way to Whistler. Anyway, it's a heck of a hike and Melvin's co-coworkers do it every week after work during the summer months (whatever happened to going to Happy Hour?).  Let's just say they expressed concern about him joining them today.

Above is a picture Melvin text me at the halfway mark.  His message indicated that he's "literally about to collapse" - it took him 42 minutes and he has another 1.5km to go.  Hmm, I hope he makes it home okay.  I will let you know tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I just have to share, Nadine is pointing and saying .. "I can climb it too ?? " .. LOL ! Miss u ,xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts