Friday, August 20, 2010

T&T

Tonight, my friend took me on a field trip to T&T Supermarket.  It was awesome!  I was looking for a reasonably priced, non-ghetto Asian Mart, where I could get the essentials for satisfying my Filipino/Chinese food cravings.  When my friend told me about it, I thought of International Food Mart in Spring Valley (you Rocklanders know what I'm talking about) and the thought made me shudder a bit.  It was very far from that!!  This place was a clean Chinatown on steroids with a variety of foods that is indescribable.  There were tanks of fresh seafood and the bakery was really cool with fresh baked goods from many different Asian countries.  There were not 10 or even 20 brands of frozen dumplings, but more...best of all, I found frozen Shanghai soup dumplings (aka Xiaolongbao)!!!  How exciting!


I also came home with some Tocino, Bangus (yum) and Beef Tapa - all very important to the traditional, unhealthy Filipino breakfast that I can't go too long without.  In addition, I had a unique find - frozen scallion pancakes.  Can't wait to try them! 

2 comments:

  1. FROZEN SOUP DUMPLINGS???? when can we fly out there? haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robyn - you should've seen the Dungeness Crabs at this place!! Remember us stuffing our faces in San Fran? I wish I wasn't scared to cook them myself!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts