Saturday, September 4, 2010

Chinatown Night Market

This weekend is the last weekend of Vancouver's Chinatown Night Market, which is about a 2-minute drive from our place.  We checked it out tonight and guess what I found?? 

...decent Hong Kong Cake!!!  I don't want to dwell on this, but seriously, it is hard to find.  I was ecstatic and of course Melvin finally admitted that "they are good".  Still not like Cecilia Tam was on Mosco St. (NYC) - just to pay her more homage than I already have, check out this Appreciation Thread I found.  Kudos to the foodies out there that know when to recognize innovation.

I was disappointed to find out that this particular vendor only sold their cakes during the Summer Night Market, so I guess we'll have to wait until next May to indulge again.  That may be a good thing.

So, the night market was rather disappointing after growing up going to NYC's Chinatown and having been to Hong Kong twice. It just doesn't compare to either, but the fact we are minutes away makes up for the disappointment.

I have lots to update about my yoga teacher training, which I LOVE, but will have to do it another night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts