Sunday, October 17, 2010

Jewish Wedding


Melvin wearing his Yarmulke
I went to my second Jewish wedding last night and had a great time once again.  I grew up going to Bar & Bat Mitzvahs, so I'm not completely ignorant, but this was my 2nd wedding at a temple, with a reception following in the next room.  The Hava Nigila is my favorite part, by far.

These facilities are amazing because when you enter the cocktail hour room or dinner room after the ceremony, you are transported to what could very easily be a ballroom at a hotel or at a specialized venue.  You would have no idea you're at a temple.  I'm not sure if it's the norm to have an insane amount of food during cocktail hour either, but it was the same both times.  Pretty much passed hors d'oeuvres and 10 stations, consisting of fish n chips, sliders, hot dog stand, ceviche, veal milanese, pasta station, caviar, ribs & mashed potatoes, duck and tuna tataki.  Filipinos always make sure they have more than enough food, but I can honestly say last night had us beat a million times over.  Dessert consisted of a plated Milky Way dessert, build your own sundae, cupcake and milkshake carts, PLUS passed cookies, red velvet cupcakes, chocolate covered strawberries, fruit tarts, cream puffs and more brought to each table by the servers.  I couldn't even look after awhile.

It was a great night with good friends,great food and Hava Nigila.  Mazel Tov to Jodie & Mike!

Now I'm packing for our flight to Vancouver with one extra bag full of kids clothes and 10 more pounds.  It's been real, New York...

1 comment:

  1. loved this post. was mine the first jewish wedding? LOL. I heard it was a great party. Sorry I didnt get to see you whwn you were here. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts