Sunday, December 26, 2010

Books to Cooks

I blogged already today, but before I forget, I need to mention this amazing place I found the other day. It is a bookstore in the Armoury District (fast becoming THE design district in Vancouver) called Books to Cooks. It is a bookstore with every cookbook you can imagine and right in the middle towards the back is this island, with a stove and cookware, etc where someone is making items to taste/drink/take away. Ingenious! 

This woman named Barbara Jo opened the store and as I got to the cash register, there she was. I mentioned to her that I love the store and now I'm a bit obsessed at this simple concept. They have a book club called Eating Between the Leaves that meets each week to discuss a book, while eating a gourmet meal inspired by the book. I can't afford to be a part of this amazing club, but just needed to share! LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts