Monday, December 6, 2010

ooh, la, la...Shangri-La!

Today, I had the opportunity to visit the Shangri-La Hotel for a site inspection and afternoon high tea with the Canadian Tour Guides Association of British Columbia.  I'm consulting with a local destination management company in Vancouver, so off I went.  What an amazing property!


First off, it is the tallest building in Vancouver (who would've known) with 61 floors.  Secondly, only 8 floors are hotel rooms!  The first 6 floors are meeting space, restaurant, lobby, spa, etc. Floors 7-15 are hotel rooms, housing 119  and floors 16 - 61 feature residences (16 - 41 are actually called "live/work" units)!!  Very exclusive, obviously.  


The hotel is extremely luxurious and features this amazing Brazilian Rosewood throughout.  The spa is to die for, with 6 treatment rooms, all of which are "spa suites" with a tub and toilet within.  


It was interesting to meet new people and I'm always game for High Tea.  It wasn't as impressive as the Empress Hotel in Victoria, but I'm not complaining!  Next stop at the Shangri-La:  MARKET Restaurant by Jean-Georges (don't make me beg, Melvin)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts