Monday, January 24, 2011

Who is WHO?

Yesterday, I had a mother tell me that the WHO recommends mothers breastfeed for 2 years.

I said, Who??

She said, The World Health Organization.

I wanted to throw up. That is just way too long in my opinion. I also feel it's virtually impossible for American mothers to even come close to this. The maternity leave is so short in the States (they get a YEAR paid in Canada and even more in other countries within Europe), that I cannot imagine it being possible. Actually, it is possible, but the mother would probably just be extremely miserable.



With Julian, I remember pumping in my office, on a teleconference, while writing an email. Talk about multi-tasking, right?...and my manager walks in on me. I was mortified, he was mortified...Needless to stay, I stopped not to long after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts