Saturday, October 8, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!

I wrote about this last year, while we were visiting New York, but now we're actually in Vancouver to enjoy our first Canadian Thanksgiving...in October! It feels SO weird to be at the start of Autumn, and far off from Christmas, to be planning a menu to cook on Thanksgiving. Oh, and on a Monday??

We didn't have a Thanksgiving at all last year because we were in NY in October and then in Vancouver for American Thanksgiving, so I'm REALLY looking forward to making my Maple Roast Turkey, which I have made every year (with the exception of last) since 2001. 
Traditionally, we (well, my sister and cousin) decorate our Christmas Tree on Thanksgiving. Well, I think October is way too early to be rockin' a tree, so we won't be doing that. There is also typically a football game on, as well, but that is not happenin' in Canada. I guess it's time to start new traditions. 

Initially, we were going to spend it alone as a family, but then my friend asked if we wanted to team up for a dinner. I was going to cook anyway, so the more the merrier. We'll be hosting another family at our place and will be cookin' up some Maple Roast Turkey, Cranberry Sauce, Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing, Green Bean Casserole and Pumpkin Pie! I also took a trip to Michael's and picked up some Autumn crafts for the kids. I love the taste of Thanksgiving:) 

In a way, we are extremely lucky to be able to celebrate two this year! Melvin is promising me some pernil for American Thanksgiving...hmm, we'll see if he comes through. I think he forgot he will have to work that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts