Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Home Alone


Today was my first full day at home with both kids...See, Melvin works from home so whenever I need a hand, all I have to do is shout and he comes running up the stairs to help me. Today, he decided to go into the office, and I decided to face my biggest fear...stay home alone with a toddler and newborn! When I left my job (more on that later), we decided to keep Julian at his full-time daycare until at least the summer. It's such a wonderful place, where he can be around great teachers and have the stimulation his growing brain needs. Besides, we had no idea how it would be at home with a newborn. Needless to say, we've been taking him to school while I recover and adjust to Amélie's needs.

What I find amazing is that I have been more frightened to be home with both kids than to move to another country. How strange is that? Therefore, I decided to keep Julian home today and face my fears. I think I'm doing alright.

This morning, we went to our neighbor's house. Her daughter is Julian's age and we were able to chat while the kids ran around. Oh, and did I mention Amélie refused to sleep? I mean, what 3-week old is able to stay awake from 6:40am until noon (which is when we drove home)? ONLY MY CHILD!

After their naps, I'm hoping to muster what little energy I have left to meet our friends at Congers Memorial Lake Park and then have a Cinco de Mayo dinner at another neighbor's house. The plan is to get home right around the time Melvin arrives into our driveway. The plan was to never really be "home alone"....would you say I was able to conquer my greatest fear? Maybe another day...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts