Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Happy Birthday in Heaven, Mom

We sang Happy Birthday to you during lunch today and even in the middle of a tantrum shortly thereafter, Julian goes, "Nana is my friend".  I showed him pictures of the surprise birthday party we threw for you last year.  It's amazing how many changes only one year can bring...It is so great we got to celebrate with you and I am so happy Julian remembers you.

You are probably having your best birthday yet, possibly reuniting with old friends and making new friends in heaven.  I picture you playing Mahjong, just as you would over here, feasting on your favorite foods - palabok, bangus, halo-halo and even lanzones, which you could never get in America!  We have them here in Canada and when I pass them in the supermarket, I think of you.

Anyway, I know how you worry, but don't worry about us...we are doing great, living life the way you taught us how to.  We'll make sure Julian and Amélie know who you are and we'll raise them well.  Promise...

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post. Glad to hear you made the best out of it and shared the memories you have of her with your children on her birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts