Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Long Weekend

This coming weekend is a long weekend, with Monday being British Columbia Day.  We've been asking everyone what people typically do around here, before making our own weekend plans.  I would hate to be stuck in any kind of Hamptons-type traffic or even worse, Jersey Shore traffic on the NJ Turnpike, with two kids screaming in the back.  Mind you, we have a 2-door GTI and I'm usually sitting as far up as the seat would go with my face practically leaning on the windshield, so all these things need to be considered!  We figured, if anything, we could avoid any large crowds and unpack the last two boxes we have or hang up some picture frames or something...


Anyway, that's not how they do around here...Apparently, everyone spreads out and (gulp) goes camping.  Those that know me know the likelihood of me going camping would only come close if I could pitch a tent on the lawn of a Four Seasons Resort.  I say that now, but things may change after a few years of living here, so I won't say never though.  =)


With that said, we decided to book a hotel room in Whistler Saturday night.  Before I continue, I just wanted to say that it's so weird to me that Whistler is no big thing here, being that it's so close.  It's like saying, we're going to the park or we're going to the playground next weekend.  Makes me feel like we have much more exploring to do and there may be bigger/better things out there!  For now, we'll start with Whistler though.

Anyway, today came a very fun invitation...a couple moms (plus kids and hubbies) I met are going to one of their vacation homes in Whistler for the long weekend and invited us!  Well, that's a no-brainer - I cancelled our hotel room with the quickness.  We're SO excited!

I hope to have some pictures and stories (hopefully good ones) early next week.


1 comment:

  1. That sounds SO amazing Coleen ! You guys are going to have so much fun. Can't wait to read and hear all about it.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts