Saturday, September 18, 2010

Grouse Grind - Part Deux

Vrksasana - Tree Pose
Today, we hiked up Grouse Mountain's Grouse Grind during the kids' nap.  I thought that we could get back in time for Amélie's next feeding, but no such luck.

I came with the "I got this" attitude, so the first 1/4 was fine.  Then, I went into "oh shit" mode when I realized we'd only gone 1/4 of the way up Grouse Mountain.  Also, I saw a couple of my yoga peeps coming down as they couldn't make it up the mountain, so then I was a bit discouraged.

Well, long story short, we made it up, but I didn't beat Melvin's time - we did it in 1 hour and 27 minutes though.  I also got my Lululemon gear all dirtied up, which was unfortunate.  Note to self: no need to wear leg warmers just to look cute.  I decided to do the Tree Pose and practice oneness with the trees about 3/4 of the way up.    

It was a good time.  

To summarize for anyone planning to do the Grind anytime soon, here's my take on it:

1/4 - the longest trail, zig zags and is less steep
1/2 - getting a bit steeper and where most people lose hope
3/4 - point of no return and straight up rock climbing, there are ropes to help people along
last 1/4 - steepest and the point where people fear leg cramps



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts