Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Season in Review

Today is the last day of the summer.  When we arrived in Vancouver, it was the first day of summer, so we've been here an entire season already.  It has really flown by!!

Season in Review
The summer in Vancouver is, by far, spectacular.  I will do a review of every season, but if I were to make a recommendation, I would say: come visit us in the summer!   We welcome you during all seasons; however, I can only speak intelligently about the summer so far.  Water activities are bountiful, mornings/evenings are comfortable, mountains are green and lush and the city is best seen on foot.  Summer fruits, like berries (3rd largest producer of blueberries in the world) are everywhere!  Farmer's markets, in practically every town, are in effect every week.   People dine on fresh coho salmon on restaurant patios all around town.  Rainy days are scarce in the summer (at least this year), but when it does rain, there is at least 4-5 hours of beautiful sunshine to be outdoors.  Also, I have not minded wearing my rain jacket and my wonderful Michael Kors rain boots.

As we move into the fall, I wonder how the rest of the year will be.  I still can't believe we are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts