Thursday, January 20, 2011

can't keep up

I've finally recovered from my trip away, although in my typical fashion, my bag is still packed. I used to only unpack when it was time to pack for another one...in this case, that'll be a long while, so I should probably kick that habit soon!


I can't seem to keep up at home this week.


...laundry is piling up again
...toys everywhere
...messages from moms that want to have a play date (while nice, I need a bit of a break)
...kitchen and bathrooms need a cleaning (in the process of finding a cleaner for this task)
...met with our "cross border" accountant...left with a headache
...need to gather tax docs from US/Canada, etc.
...submitting business expenses and still finalizing reimbursements from my old job


Most of all, I cannot keep up with cooking for a family of 4!!  I finally succumbed to buying a slow cooker. Yes, it seems I'm the last one on the planet to have one, but I'm a bit of an old school cook. I like to chop everything by hand, I like to make everything from scratch with fresh this and fresh that, smell, stir and taste as my creation is brewing. 


Well, enough of that crap already...my fam's got to eat and my son and daughter have an appetite like their mama! I found a brand new Salton Multipot Slow Cooker on craigslist yesterday and immediately got it to see if it's something I can use to make my life easier. If anyone out there has any vegetarian or seafood slow cooker recipes, please email me!!

I'm making my first dish today...Vegetables and Halibut in Curry Sauce. Chopped everything up and threw it in there this morning.  The fact I don't have to cook before Julian's swim class this evening is a blissful feeling!! I'll update how it comes out!

2 comments:

  1. i love my slow cooker! though so far it has only housed chili, pulled pork, korean beef and fajita beef but i use it almost every week. i guess we eat a lot of chili lol. here's a blog that i found that is cool, i am trying the peanut butter pork recipe next!

    http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, thanks for sharing! We're boycotting meat for awhile, so it's been really tough finding veggie slow cooker recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts