Monday, April 11, 2011

Love Hate

My sis is engaged and I've been trying to help her figure out dates and venues in the NY region. I love that it is not even 8:00 AM PST and I'm able to correspond via email with 3 various venues and a caterer and am getting responses. This is how we get things done!  (obviously this is a trait that is lacking in Canadian culture)

Since we arrived, I've been venting that the barristas at Starbucks wouldn't survive a second in NYC!

This "sense of urgency" and world of blackberries, however, is one of the reasons I wanted to leave that rat race. I definitely do not miss the hum of my blackberry throughout the night or the post-it notes by my bedside table in case I remembered things for work (hey, I am a meeting planner).  I wonder where in the world we can find that balance?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts