Sunday, September 25, 2011

Feliz Cumpleaños

BUSY, BUSY WEEK hence the late post.
+ still recovering from cold
+ insane amounts of appointments and errands to run
+ decided to host a cocktail party for husband's birthday mid-week

If I did not have a toddler and pre-schooler hanging onto my leg 24/7, this would have been a seamless, enjoyable and easy task. However, this is not the case. Nevertheless, I put on my "party planner" hat and while I decided NOT to cook (good decision), I wanted to dress our apartment up a bit. No paper plates or plastic wine cups in this house, oh no. Casual china ALL the way! 

So...Thursday rolled around and after dropping Julian to school, I proceeded to run some errands before running back to pick him up! Then, proceeded to run more errands....
 - Whole Foods on Cambie - nuts, fresh bread and quiche (which they did not have)
 - Les Amis du FROMAGE - cheese, charcuterie, cheese cutlery; love this place
 - Pâtisserie Le Beau - mini spinach quiche
 - BC Liquor - luckily, this is across the street from my building, but DO picture me hauling 2 six-packs at a time with Amélie on my back in the Ergo Carrier across the street a couple times.
 - House of Empanadas - 3 dozen assorted empanadas por favor!
 - Dairy Queen - Yes, mortified to say, my 30-something husband requested a (gulp) blizzard cake, for his birthday.
 - Williams-Sonoma, Cookworks and finally, Pottery Barn - I found those wine charms I was looking for!
Antique-Silver Alphabet Wine Charms, Set of 26 | Pottery Barn
WINE CHARMS -  Amélie only broke 3

We had a ton of wine, so thank goodness that was already covered. This post is exhausting me, so long story short, party was a success and everyone left after midnight, kids slept right through it and we managed to store all the toys out of sight! Once a "party planner", always a party planner :) Happy Birthday Melvin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts