Monday, May 16, 2011

QE Park & Deep Cove

Almost a year here and we got to visit two new places this weekend.

Queen Elizabeth Park - who would've know that such a gorgeous place was so close to our apartment. We had no idea that about 10 minutes drive away is a park with beautiful gardens, a plant/bird conservatory and the most amazing view of the city skyline and mountains in the backdrop. We'll be sure to take our visitors here.

Deep Cove, B.C. - About 25 minutes north of us lies Deep Cove, B.C. The view is outstanding and this appears to be THE place to go kayaking. In fact, the rental place there offers Full Moon Tours during the summer, where you go out at midnight and they discuss how the full moon effects the water and wildlife there. There are also a ton of hiking trails going up to the cliffs overlooking Indian Arm. Good stuff and Honey Doughnuts & Goodies alone is well worth the "long" drive.

Yes, I noticed that after having lived here, I think that a 20-minute drive is long. We used to think Vancouverites were totally weird for thinking a 15-minute drive was "far". I really hate that I feel this way because when I go back to NY for a visit, I feel like I'm going to go nuts in the car. Oh well, will deal with that next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts